Monday 3 August 2009

Name Stealers on Twitter and Facebook

That title is somewhat misleading. I know it. But when you finally decide to join twitter a million lightyears behind the rest of the txterati and t'internet literate, you don't expect to have your sign up process held up because...'your name is not available'. What? VAAAAT??

For as the blog name suggests, I am Missy G, and we (me and my nickname) really haven't had much experience of our name not being available. So I didn't react too well. In fact, I opened up a new tab and vamosed over to the url of my twitter namesake, hereby known as Missy_Wanna_G, to see what's up. Who is this chick? She better represent the name well (thief!!). Turns out MWG doesn't even have a public profile. PAH, the cheek of this girl! Here I am ready to sign up and update my little thoughts to the wide oasis of outthere, a public profile no less, and my name stealer has hijacked a perfectly great alterego nickname for the benefit of only 4 people?

Feel a little like Ross from Friends when a work colleague steals his delicious sandwich for lunch, and the dude doesn't even eat all of it http://http//www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2xi7B3mkr0

Moral of the story: one lady's lacklustre twitter name, is another woman's sandwich, dammit. Don't waste it, Missy_Wanna_G. Do not waste it.

Anyhoo, I have time on my hands, which is what prompted the twitter registration. I have the joys of job hunting having enjoyed two weeks hiatus since leaving my last job as a bored Corporate Assistant. Ah, to be a temp. Swimming and diving were fun, not least with prime eye candy in the shape of Signor Ryan Lochte to oggle *coughs* support and need to decide on a few things like- where in Spain or Italy shall I move to next February? If Italy, I need to polish up my rusty command of la bella lingua. If Spain, then dammit that is work. The basics won't cut it. But, you gotta start somewhere, and this is part of the adventure I'm looking for.

Ordinarily, I travel around Europe and the States like the Littlest Hobo with my brother or a friend or two for company, watching some sport whilst there. But the odd sejourn out of LDN is no longer cutting it.

Big changes and big decisions await. Tweet that, MWG...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to T.A.MG