Sunday 28 February 2010

VWO: Canadian Gold in Ice Hockey Men's final


Ah, I am spent. Exhausted! That was a great final. Congrats to the Canadian Men's Ice Hockey Team, who won in extra time 3-2 against old foe USA.

When a US hockey player levelled up the match with 24 seconds to go, there was a sense of inevitability. You Just Knew. I tweeted as much and watched the similar gasps of OMG and WOW roll on.

I'd like to pretend I know the names of the players, but alas, I don't. I'm here not as a Ice Hockey fiend, but as a lover of a good ruck. USA vs CAN is the definition of a good ruck!

Neither team disappointed, and I have to say, both goalies impressed.

Great way to end the Winter Olympics. I only hope England and Londoners can get as involved in London 2012 as Canadians and other crazy attendees have for Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to T.A.MG